Thursday, July 19, 2012

GRIND MY REELS One Year Anniversary!


It's hard to believe but it really has been exactly a year since I first launched GRIND MY REELS.   In that year I've published 75 original pieces and I've been overwhelmed by all of the support that I've received from my readers both online and in-person.  I've been surprised by the number of people that I've been able to reach with my writing and podcasts in only just a year.  Be it by a simple comment or "like" on an article or even by approaching me on the street (as one random fan did), I could not be more thankful of all the championing my followers have done for the site.

GRIND MY REELS has led to a large number of life-changing opportunities for me over the past year.  I've met tons of great people and made a number of good friends through the site.  With the help of Brian Roan I've been able to launch THE FILM GRIND, our first podcast and a dream of mine for quite some time.  I've recently been hired as the Programming Director of the new Annapolis Film Festival, where I'll be able to put all my film judgement skills to use.  Last but not least, my writings have been published by a number of newspapers, three of them have hired me as their official film critic, and sites.  This is all thanks to your support!

GRIND MY REELS was created so that I could have an outlet to express my feelings and opinions about movies with an audience of people who were looking to engage in a conversation with me.  I think I've made great strides towards that and even evolved the site's intent as time has passed.  However I'm always looking to grow the site and give you, my beloved audience, more of what you want.

So I ask you these questions:

What do you like/dislike about GRIND MY REELS?  What can I do more/less of?  What do you want to see in the future of GRIND MY REELS?

No comments:

Post a Comment